Interns wanted for research study concerning a tablet intervention to improve the lives of people living with dementia
From June 2021 onwards, we have room for enthusiastic and highly motivated master students that are interested in the intersection between technology, health and dementia care.
We will give you the opportunity to participate in an ongoing study of the FindMyApps programme, which helps people with early-stage dementia to use a tablet, through personalised training and suggestions of apps that are a good fit with the person's interests and needs. The study aims to investigate whether the use of FindMyApps, compared to a normal tablet, improves outcomes relating to social participation, self-management and quality of life on the person with dementia. We are also evaluating the effects on the informal caregiver. From the beginning of your internship, you will be involved in various activities.
Your work will consist of:
- Assisting in the recruitment of participants
- Data collection through interviews and analyses
- Work related to the experimental design (i.e. search for dementia-friendly apps)
- Data analysis
- Writing a research report/dissertation (if that is a requirement of your course)
What do we offer?
- An interesting applied research project
- Gain interview experience
- Learn how to communicate with people with dementia
- The opportunity to obtain an official certificate for the Good Clinical Practice course
- Professional guidance, and the opportunity for supervision writing a thesis
- Gain experience with working with electronic databases and SPSS
It is preferable that the intern is available from June/July 2021, for a period of at least 8 weeks. However, other options will be taken into consideration. All participants are Dutch. Good command of the Dutch language is therefore required. Due to the COVID-19 rules, we are currently working from home. When allowed, you may work in the Amsterdam office.
More information or apply?
Please contact David Neal @ email@example.com (Tel: 0640 932 336) or prof. dr. Rose-Marie (project leader) @ firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 020-7885454)
You can find more information about the project on https://findmyapps.onderzoek.io/
Location: Department of Psychiatry, VUmc, Oldenaller 1 Amsterdam.